This Azure Administrator training course teaches IT (Information Technology) Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, secure identities, administer the infrastructure, configure virtual networking, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement storage solutions, create, and scale virtual machines, implement web apps and containers, back up and share data, and monitor your solution.
Microsoft Azure Administratior Course Delivery Methods
Important AZ-104 Course and Certification Information
This course will prepare you to:
- Manage Azure Subscriptions and Resources.
- Configure and Secure Virtual Networking.
- Administer Azure Identity and Access.
- Deploy and Manage Virtual Machines.
- Implement and Manage Storage Accounts.
- Configure and Manage Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and Manage Azure Governance.
- Monitor and Back Up Azure Resources.
- Manage Azure Applications and App Services.
- Implement and Manage Azure Virtual Networks.
- Work with Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates.
Microsoft Azure Administrator Training Prerequisites
Before attempting AZ-104, attendees should have taken or have equivalent knowledge and hands-on experience of Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Training (AZ-900T00).
Microsoft AZ-104 Exam Information
This course can help you prepare for the following Microsoft role-based certification — Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate.
Microsoft Azure Administrator Training Course Outline
This module will teach you how to secure identities with Azure Active Directory and implement users and groups.
- Define Azure AD concepts, including identities, accounts, and tenants.
- Describe Azure AD features to support different configurations.
- Understand differences between Azure AD and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Choose between supported editions of Azure AD.
- Implement the Azure AD join feature.
- Use the Azure AD self-service password reset feature.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Configure users accounts and user account properties.
- Create new user accounts.
- Import bulk user accounts with a template.
- Configure group accounts and assignment types.
Learn how to configure Azure subscriptions, including how to obtain a subscription, implement cost management, and apply Azure resource tags.
- Determine the correct region to locate Azure services.
- Review features and use cases for Azure subscriptions.
- Obtain an Azure subscription.
- Understand billing and features for different Azure subscriptions.
- Use Microsoft Cost Management for cost analysis.
- Discover when to use Azure resource tagging.
- Identify ways to reduce costs.
Learn how to configure Azure Policy to implement compliance requirements.
- Create management groups to target policies and spending budgets.
- Implement Azure Policy with policy and initiative definitions.
- Scope Azure policies and determine compliance.
Learn how to use role-based access control (RBAC) to ensure resources are protected, but users can still access the resources they need.
- Identify features and use cases for role-based access control.
- List and create role definitions.
- Create role assignments.
- Identify differences between Azure RBAC and Azure Active Directory roles.
- Manage access to subscriptions with RBAC.
- Review built-in Azure RBAC roles.
You will learn how to select a tooling option such as Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, or Azure Cloud Shell.
- Manage resources with the Azure portal.
- Manage resources with Azure Cloud Shell.
- Manage resources with Azure PowerShell.
- Manage resources with Azure CLI.
You'll learn how to use resource groups to organize your Azure resources.
- Identify the features and usage cases for Azure Resource Manager.
- Describe each Azure Resource Manager component and its usage.
- Organize your Azure resources with resource groups.
- Apply Azure Resource Manager locks.
- Move Azure resources between groups, subscriptions, and regions.
- Remove resources and resource groups.
- Apply and track resource limits.
You'll learn how to use Azure Resource Manager templates to consistently deploy assets.
- List the advantages of Azure templates.
- Identify the Azure template schema components.
- Specify Azure template parameters.
- Locate and use Azure Quickstart Templates.
Learn to configure virtual networks and subnets, including IP addressing.
- Describe Azure Virtual Network features and components.
- Identify features and usage cases for subnets and subnetting.
- Identify usage cases for private and public IP addresses.
- Create and determine which resources require public IP addresses.
- Create and determine which resources require private IP addresses.
- Create virtual networks.
Learn how to implement network security groups, and ensure network security group rules are correctly applied.
- Determine when to use network security groups.
- Implement network security group rules.
- Evaluate network security group effective rules.
- Examine the advantages of application security groups.
In this module, you will learn about monitoring your Azure infrastructure, including Azure Monitor, alerting, and log analytics.
- Identify features and usage cases for domains, custom domains, and private zones.
- Verify custom domain names by using DNS records.
- Implement DNS zones, DNS delegation, and DNS record sets.
- Configure Azure DNS including custom domain names and record sets.
Learn to configure an Azure Virtual Network peering connection and address transit and connectivity concerns.
- Identify usage cases and product features of Azure Virtual Network peering.
- Configure your network to implement Azure VPN Gateway for transit connectivity.
- Extend peering by using a hub and spoke network with user-defined routes and service chaining.
Learn how to configure network routes, including endpoints and private links.
- Implement system routes and user-defined routes.
- Configure a custom route.
- Implement service endpoints.
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure Private Link and endpoint services.
Learn how to configure an internal or public load balancer.
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure Load Balancer.
- Implement public and internal Azure load balancers.
- Compare features of load balancer SKUs and configuration differences.
- Configure back-end pools, load-balancing rules, session persistence, and health probes.
Learn how to configure Azure Application Gateway.
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure Application Gateway.
- Implement an Azure application gateway, including selecting a routing method.
- Configure gateway components, such as listeners, health probes, and routing rules.
Learn how to configure storage accounts, including replication and endpoints.
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure storage accounts.
- Select between different types of Azure Storage and storage accounts.
- Select a storage replication strategy.
- Configure network access to storage accounts.
- Secure storage endpoints.
Learn how to configure Configure Azure Blob Storage, including tiers and object replication.
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure Blob Storage.
- Configure Blob Storage and Blob access tiers.
- Configure Blob lifecycle management rules.
- Configure Blob object replication.
- Upload and price Blob Storage
Learn how to configure common Azure Storage security features like storage access signatures.
- Configure a shared access signature (SAS), including the uniform resource identifier (URI) and SAS parameters.
- Configure Azure Storage encryption.
- Implement customer-managed keys.
- Recommend opportunities to improve Azure Storage security.
Learn how to configure Azure Files and Azure File Sync.
- Identify storage for file shares and blob data.
- Configure Azure Files shares and file share snapshots.
- Identify features and usage cases of Azure File Sync.
- Identify Azure File Sync components and configuration steps.
- Recommend opportunities to improve Azure Storage security.
Learn how to configure Azure Storage with tools like Azure Storage Explorer and AZCopy.
- Configure and use Azure Storage Explorer.
- Configure the Azure Import/Export service.
- Use the WAImportExport tool with the Azure Import/Export service.
- Configure and use AZCop.
Learn how to configure virtual machines including sizing, storage, and connections..
- Create a virtual machine planning checklist.
- Determine virtual machine locations and pricing models.
- Determine the correct virtual machine size.
- Configure virtual machine storage.
Learn how to configure virtual machine availability including vertical and horizontal scaling
- Implement availability sets and availability zones.
- Implement update and fault domains.
- Implement Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets.
- Autoscale virtual machines.
Learn how to use virtual machine extensions to automate virtual machine deployments
- Identify features and usage cases for virtual machine extensions.
- Identify features and usage cases for Custom Script Extensions.
- Identify features and usage cases for Desired State Configuration.
Learn how to configure an Azure App Service plan, including pricing and scaling
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure App Service.
- Select an appropriate Azure App Service plan pricing tier.
- Scale an Azure App Service plan.
- Scale-out an Azure App Service plan.
Learn how to configure and monitor Azure App Service instances, including deployment slots.
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure App Service.
- Create an app with Azure App Service.
- Configure deployment settings, specifically deployment slots.
- Secure your Azure App Service app.
- Configure custom domain names.
- Back up and restore your Azure App Service app.
- Configure Azure Application Insights.
Learn how to configure Azure Container Instances including container groups.
- Identify when to use containers versus virtual machines.
- Identify the features and usage cases of Azure Container Instances.
- Implement Azure container groups.
Learn how to configure Azure Kubernetes Service including networking, storage, and scaling.
- Identify Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) components including pods, clusters, and nodes.
- Configure network connections for AKS.
- Configure storage options for AKS.
- Implement security options for AKS.
- Scale AKS including adding Azure Container Instances.
Learn how to configure backup and restore policies that meet your company's regulatory needs
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure Backup.
- Configure Azure Recovery Services vault backup options.
- Configure the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services (MARS) agent for Azure Backup.
- Implement on-premises file and folder backups.
Learn how to configure virtual machine backups including restore operations.
- Identify features and usage cases for different Azure backup methods.
- Configure virtual machine snapshots and backup options.
- Implement virtual machine backup and restore, including soft delete.
- Perform site-to-site recovery by using Azure Site Recovery.
- Compare the Azure Backup agent to the Microsoft Azure Backup Server.
Learn how to configure Azure Monitor, including querying the Azure Monitor activity log.
- Identify the features and usage cases for Azure Monitor.
- Configure and interpret metrics and logs.
- Identify the Azure Monitor components and data types.
- Configure the Azure Monitor activity log.
Learn how to configure Azure alerts including action groups
- Identify Azure Monitor alerts, including alert types and alert states.
- Configure Azure Monitor alerts.
- Create alert rules and action groups.
You will learn how to configure Log Analytics including structuring queries.
- Identify the features and usage cases for Log Analytics.
- Create a Log Analytics workspace.
- Structure a Log Analytics query and review results.
You'll learn how to configure Network Watcher and troubleshoot common networking problems
- Identify the features and usage cases for Azure Network Watcher.
- Configure diagnostic capabilities like IP Flow Verify, Next Hop, and Network Topology.