4-day instructor-led training course
Official Nutanix course curriculum
NCP-MCI Exam Voucher Included
Hands-on labs included
Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Administration Course (ECA)
- Duration: 4 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
- Level: Intermediate
If you already have experience administering a Nutanix environment, this Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Administration Course (ECA) 6.5 will extend, deepen, and broaden your knowledge as you grow in your career as a Nutanix administrator.
Designed with Prism Central as the focal point, this course illustrates the breadth and depth of Nutanix’s centralized management capabilities. It allows you to explore the wide variety of features available in this single web console.
Nutanix Certification Course Delivery Methods
Nutanix Certification Course Information
In this Nutanix Certified Professional ECA course, you will learn how to do the following:
- Understanding core Nutanix concepts, such as hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) and the various Nutanix cloud solution packages.
- Understand the basic configuration of a cluster and the components needed to create and manage VMs – namely, networks and images.
- Creating and managing VMs and how to protect VMs and their data.
- How to apply storage optimization features at the VM level.
- How to migrate your workloads to a Nutanix environment.
- Manage alerts, events, log collection, and reporting.
- How to use various features in Prism Central to identify, analyze, and remediate performance issues.
- Learn how to set up a cluster for maintenance activities – such as starting and stopping nodes and clusters.
- Manage and upgrade licenses and installed software with just a few clicks.
Experience administering a Nutanix environment.
This course helps you prepare for and work towards the Nutanix Certified Master - Multicloud Infrastructure (NCM-MCI) certification. For complete details on the exam, download NCP-MCI Exam Blueprint Guide [PDF] from Nutanix.
Nutanix Certification Course Outline
- Understand three-tier and hyperconverged infrastructure
- Understand Nutanix Cloud Solution Packages
- Understand nodes, blocks, clusters, and cluster services
- Get Started with Prism Central and Prism Element
- Understand when to use Prism Central and when to use Prism Element
- Connecting to and exploring the Prism Web Console
- Adding data services IP, an NTP server, and a name server
- Configuring Active Directory authentication
- Exploring Prism Central
- Prism Central initial configuration
- Understand Nutanix’s approach to security
- Use Prism Central to configure authentication, users, and RBAC
- Understand Policies in Flow Network Security
- Use Prism Element to configure Data-at-Rest Encryption
- Adding a local user
- Verifying a new user account
- Understand AHV networking terminology
- Use Prism Central to monitor cluster networks
- Use Prism Element to explore the Network Visualizer
- Create and update subnets and virtual switches
- Understand subnet extension and network segmentation
- Creating unmanaged and managed networks
- Exploring the AHV network configuration
- Managing virtual switches and uplinks
- Viewing virtual switches from the Prism Web Console
- Understand the image service
- Use Prism Central to monitor, upload, import, and manage images
- Uploading and importing images to Prism Central
- Configuring an image placement policy
- Use Prism Central to create VMs
- Use Prism Central’s self-service capabilities to create VM templates
- Install and enable Nutanix Guest Tools
- Creating Windows and Linux VMs
- Installing Windows and Linux operating systems
- Installing Nutanix Guest Tools on Windows and Linux
- Update, clone, customize, export, and apply placement rules to VMs
- Create and apply storage policies to VMs
- Create playbooks to automate common VM administrative tasks
- Updating a VM
- Creating a template and a clone
- Exporting a VM as an OVA
- Creating and running a playbook
- Creating a storage policy
- Understand data protection terms and concepts
- Understand synchronous and asynchronous replication capabilities
- Use Prism Element to configure local and remote backup and DR
- Use Prism Central to create protection policies with Leap
- Creating protection domains and local VM restore
- Creating containers for replication
- Configuring remote sites and creating protection domains
- Performing VM migration and migrating back to primary
- Understand AOS Distributed Storage
- Understand key storage concepts such as storage pools, storage containers, redundancy factor, replication factor, capacity reservation, and snapshots
- Understand fault tolerance and failure handling mechanisms
- Create and update storage containers
- Use various capacity optimization features
- Exploring the Storage dashboard
- Creating containers with and without compression
- Comparing data in a compressed vs uncompressed container
- Migrating vdisks between storage containers
- Understand, install, and upgrade Nutanix Move
- Use Move to migrate VMs
- Download Move logs
- Preparing a VM for migration
- Deploying a Move VM
- Configuring Move and a migration plan
- Understand performance monitoring features in Prism Central
- Create sessions, charts, and reports
- Create custom dashboards in Prism Central
- Creating a Prism Central performance monitoring dashboard
- Creating charts to analyze metrics using Prism Central
- Creating and managing reports
- Understand health monitoring features in Prism Central and Prism Element
- Get summarized and detailed health information from Prism
- Use Nutanix Cluster Check
- Collect logs
- Using Nutanix Cluster Check health checks
- Collecting logs for Support
- Creating and managing reports
- Understand alerts and events and the associated dashboards in Prism Central
- Identify problematic or inefficient VMs
- Potential methods of remediating problematic VMs
- Working with Alerts
- Exploring Events
- Performing health checks
- Using maintenance mode
- Starting and stopping nodes and clusters
- Adding nodes to or removing nodes from clusters
- Verifying cluster health
- Putting a node into maintenance mode & removing it
- Understanding LCM and the LCM workflow
- Performing an upgrade using LCM
- Licensing a cluster and managing licenses
- Use Life Cycle Manager to upgrade NCC
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
Enterprise Cloud Administration Course FAQs
- Administrators, engineers, and others who manage Nutanix clusters in the datacenter
- Managers and technical staff seeking information to drive purchase decisions
- Anyone seeking the Nutanix Certified Professional - Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI) certification
Yes! We know your busy work schedule may prevent you from getting to one of our classrooms which is why we offer convenient online training to meet your needs wherever you want. This course is available online, in person, or as Private Team Training.
This Nutanix ECA course prepares you for the Nutanix Certified Professional - Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI) v6.5. For complete details on the exam, download NCP-MCI Exam Blueprint Guide [PDF] from Nutanix.