To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems—not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
The two-day, interactive course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
This course is based on version 5.1 of SAFe.
SDP Certification Delivery Methods
SDP Certification Course Benefits
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan
SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner certificate and a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
Access to meetup groups and events to connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
Access to a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
SDP Certification Instructor-Led Course Outline
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, if you wouldn't consider yourself fluent in Agile Fundamentals, Learning Tree highly encourages a foundational training or workshop in advance of SAFe DevOps, as it can be too much to absorb otherwise. Learning Tree can come onsite to train your team in a short day on the Essentials of SAFe. If you'd prefer a single enrollment in a public event, consider Introduction to Scrum Training, or Agile Fundamentals Training.
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
- The first exam attempt is included if the web-based exam is taken within 30 days of course completion
- 45 multiple-choice questions in 90 minutes, closed-book
- 73% Passing Score (33 out of 45 correct)
- Each retake attempt costs $50 US.
- A second attempt at the exam can be done immediately after the first attempt.
- The third attempt requires a 10-day wait.
- The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
- Annual renewal fee of $100 US.
- Recognize the problem to be solved
- Explain DevOps and its benefits
- Describe continuous security and testing
- Describe core DevOps principles
- Explain the purpose of mapping the Value Stream
- Visualize the current state of the delivery pipeline using key metrics
- Create solution hypotheses
- Collaborate and research customer needs
- Architect the solution for continuous delivery
- Synthesize the Vision, the Roadmap, and the Program Backlog
- Develop the solution
- Build continuously
- Test end-to-end
- Validate on a staging environment
- Deploy to production
- Verify the solution
- Monitor for problems
- Respond and recover
- Release on demand
- Stabilize the solution
- Measure the business value
- Learn and react
- Prioritize the backlog
- Share your DevOps action plan
- Becoming a SAFe DevOps Practitioner