- Bring this or any training to your organization
Full-scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering Training
- Duration: 3 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
17 NASBA CPE Credits (live, in-class training only)
17 PMI PDUs
- Level: Intermediate
Improved requirements management means improved project delivery. Earning the BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering shows you have the knowledge and expertise to deliver high-quality, mission-critical products and projects.
This BCS Requirements Engineering course presents an end-to-end requirements engineering framework. From the business case to the delivery of well-documented and well-formed requirements, high-quality requirements are crucial to delivering quality products. In addition, this course prepares you to take the BCS Requirements Engineering exam at the end of the course.
BCS Requirements Engineering Course Information
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Link requirements backward to the business case and forward to the delivered product, process or service.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the requirements engineering process.
- Describe the use of tools to support Requirements Engineering.
- Apply the Requirements Validation process.
Attendees should have experience at the level of:
- Course 211, Introduction to Business Analysis Training: Defining Successful Projects, or
- Course 3507, BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
International Diploma in Business Analysis Certification Information
- Duration: One hour
- Passing Score: 50%
- Delivery: Written, based on a business scenario, ‘open book,’ timed.
The International Diploma requires a 50-minute oral examination with two examiners. The questions will require you to apply your business analysis knowledge and understanding to scenarios described by the oral examiners.
For additional information, see: https://www2.bcs.org/certifications/ba/international-diploma-in-business-analysis
- Accommodations: If any special testing adjustments should be considered, please contact Customer Service at least two weeks before the event
- BCS Associate membership benefit: Upon passing your exam, BCS will contact you to activate your membership. Once activated, you will be a BCS Associate Member and will have access to the wealth of benefits and support to help you in your career.
BCS Associate membership provides exclusive access to resources, content and opportunities that will enrich your career.
Note: This offer is only available once to each exam candidate. Exam candidates who have previously benefited from free Associate Membership will not be eligible for this offer again, even if they have taken another qualifying BCS exam.
The BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, offers this internationally recognized certification, enabling you to take your skills worldwide. The four modules required to apply for this certification include one foundation-level course and three practitioner-level courses:
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
- BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice Training
- BCS Certificate in Modelling Business Processes Training
- BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering Training
BCS Requirements Engineering Course Outline
Framework for Requirements Engineering
- Identifying the Requirements Engineering rationale
- Planning and estimating requirements
- Identifying the business rationale and inputs
- Crafting the business case
- Creating the Terms of Reference or Project Initiation Document (PID)
Building the Requirements
- Categorizing requirements within the hierarchy
- General business requirements, including legal and business policy
- Technical policy requirements
- Functional requirements
- Non-functional requirements
Stakeholders in the Requirements Process
- Project Stakeholders
- Business Stakeholders
- External stakeholders
Types of knowledge
- Explicit knowledge and ignorance
- Identifying tacit knowledge and ignorance
Eliciting requirements from stakeholders
- Planning elicitation meetings
- Choosing the right people to interview
Applying elicitation techniques
- Selecting the best interview methodology
- Constructing questions that deliver results
Why model requirements?
- Generating questions
- Defining business rules
- Cross-checking for consistency and completeness
Modeling the business context for the system
- Developing a model to represent system processing requirements
- Interpreting a data model
Documentation styles and levels of definition
- Writing standard requirements
- Employing user stories and use cases
Creating a Requirements Catalog
- Identifying necessary attributes
- Writing a requirements description
- Non-functional requirements
Prioritizing and packaging requirements for delivery
- Analyzing and prioritizing business needs
- Allocating requirements
- Optimizing business value
- Evaluating dependencies between requirements
Ensuring well-formed requirements
- Removing overlapping requirements
- Identifying and negotiating conflicts between requirements
- Removing ambiguity
- Ensuring feasibility and testability
- Prototyping requirements
- Verifying requirements
Applying validation skills
- Selecting the best validation methods
- Validation checklists
Types of reviews
- Reviews, walk-throughs and inspections
- Stakeholders and their areas of concern
Dealing with changing requirements
- Types of changes
- Frequency and magnitude of changes
The importance of traceability
- Vertical traceability (to business objectives)
- Horizontal traceability (from origin to deliver)
- Traceability and ownership
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
BCS Requirements Engineering Course FAQs
The BCS Institute is The Chartered Institute for IT.
You can earn the Practitioner Certification in Requirements Engineering if you pass the course exam.
BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering will give you 17 PDUs.
Learning Tree provides Private Team Training that can save time and travel costs by training your entire team at once, at a convenient location of your choice. We handle all the details, including instructor travel, tailored content, comprehensive course materials, shipping and equipment setup and teardown.