The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), managed by the CMMC Accreditation Body (CMMC-AB), is a program through which an organization's cybersecurity program is measured by their initial and ongoing compliance with applicable cybersecurity practices as well as their integration of corresponding policies and plans into their overall business operations. By Fiscal Year 2026, all organizations providing products or services to the US DoD must obtain at least a Maturity Level 1 certification under this program.
CMMC-AB Certified Assessors (CCA) are authorized to conduct CMMC assessments and recommend a maturity level certification for organizations. This course prepares you to become a Certified Assessor Level 1, which enables you to conduct maturity level 1 assessment. Both the CMMC-AB Certified Professional (CCP) and the Level 1 Assessors are prerequisites for the Certified Assessor Levels 3 and 5.
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 Training (CCA-1) Delivery Methods
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 Training (CCA-1) Course Information
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 Training (CCA-1) Course Benefits
- Identify Access Controls (AC)
- Implement Identification and Authentication Controls (IA)
- Develop Media Protection Controls (MP)
- Execute Physical Protection Controls (PP)
- Identify System and Communications Protection Controls (SC)
- Apply System and Information Integrity Controls (SI)
- Continue learning and face new challenges with after-course one-on-one instructor coaching
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 Training (CCA-1) Course Prerequisites
- CMMC-AB Certified Professional (CCP) in good standing.
- Be a U.S. citizen to participate as a team member in maturity level 2 (ML-2) assessments.
- Have or gain:
- a favorably adjudicated Tier 3 background check; or possess a NAC (National Agency Check), DHS Suitability credential.
- or other DoD accepted clearance (required to participate on ML-2 or higher assessment teams).
- Prior to registering for this class, you must have Cyber AB approval of your application. If you have not completed and received approval from Cyber AB you can apply for CCP here: REGISTER WITH CYBER AB
- You will receive a CPN number from Cyber AB, which is required for your registration to class.
- Please note that there is a $200 registration fee imposed by Cyber-AB before issuing the mandatory CPN number. Learning Tree is not involved in this step of the process.
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 Training Outline
Full outline to be released by CMMC soon.