- Bring this or any training to your organization
Full-scale program development
- Delivered when, where, and how you want it
- Blended learning models
- Tailored content
- Expert team coaching
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM Certification) Training
- Duration: 2 days
- Exam Voucher: Yes
- Language: English
15 PMI PDUs
- Level: Advanced
This two-day SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile 5.1 Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
The course covers the facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course also offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Training Delivery Methods
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Training Information
This SASM Certification training includes the following benefits:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- SAFe 5.1 Advanced Scrum Master certificate and a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Includes 1-year Scaled Agile Membership (for first-time attendees of SAFe courses)
- Exam included; Passing includes a certificate and digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
All are welcome to attend the training, regardless of experience. However, holding one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the certification exam:
- SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 73%
- Delivery: Web-based, closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Practice and certification exams are available in your Scaled Agile Community portal under the course you’re attending.
- Cost: Initial cost is included in the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Retake Fee: $50; $250 for SPCs
- Retake Policy: First retake may be taken immediately after the first failed attempt. Second retake may be taken 10 days after the first retake. Third retake may be taken 30 days after the second retake. All subsequent retakes require a 30-day wait.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Training Outline
- Explore Scrum Master challenges in the Enterprise
- Explain the purpose and basic constructs of SAFe
- Establish Scrum Master connections in SAFe
- Take an economic view
- Apply systems thinking
- Assume variability; preserve options
- Build incrementally with fast, integrated learning cycles
- Base milestones on objective evaluation of working systems
- Visualize and limit WIP, reduce batch sizes, and manage queue lengths
- Apply cadence, synchronize with cross-domain planning
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Decentralize decision-making
- Explore anti-patterns associated with the Product Owner role
- Explain how Stories and tasks may lead to anti-patterns
- Identify context-specific anti-patterns in your environment
- Synchronize development with the Agile Release Train (ART)
- Organize teams on the Train
- Plan the Program Increment
- Execute the Program Increment
- Release value on demand
- Prepare for the next PI Planning session
- Build your Kanban board
- Measure and optimize flow
- Build quality in
- Foster engineering craftsmanship
- Facilitate collaboration with Architects, System Team, and Operations
- Foster collaboration on the team
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration
- Build trust with stakeholders
- Develop team skill set
- Create an Improvement Backlog
- Explore the Inspect and Adapt process
- Apply problem-solving workshop
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.
SASM Certification FAQs
Here are the step-by-step instructions to claim your SAFe course Project Management Institute (PMI) PDUs
- Log into PMI.org
- Follow this link: PMI's Continuing Certification Renewal System (CCRS)
- Each SAFe course has its own Claim Code that can be used. Claim codes for SAFe classes can be found on Scaled Agile's website under the SAFe Courses tab, at the bottom of the course pages.
- Enter the claim code under the "PDU Claim Code" section.
First-time attendees of SAFe courses get a 1-year Scaled Agile membership with course attendance. For attendees taking their second course or more, membership will not be extended as a result of taking another course. Once your membership expires, you will have a few options to renew your membership to maintain your active certifications. You can check out those options at the SAFe Membership FAQ.
Learners can access their learning plans and exams after the instructor has marked their attendance about halfway through their class. The steps are as follows:
- Login to the SAFe Community. If you do not remember your password, click the "Forgot Password" link to receive a reset email.
- Select Learn > My Learning from the tabs.
- Select "In Progress"
- Select the class that you are looking for. You may have multiple In Progress.
- The Exam is located at the bottom of the Learning Plan. You are required to complete all required items marked with red asterisks* before you can take the exam.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers